Saturday, October 07, 2006

AnimationMentor Assign 102


Animation Mentor is off to a great start. It's a fantastic program...I realy can't speak highly enough about it. These are some sketches and a pose test for our second assignment. I did a little silhouette test to see how Stu's pose was reading. I'm not 100% sure that I'm satisfied it is pushed as far as it could be, but at 4am I guess it'll have to do! Stu's pose was based off of a basketball player throwing up a shot at my high school. I havn't really done much drawing since SJSU's graduation last May...I'm a bit rusty to say the least, but I'm satisfied with my effort.

10 Comments:

Blogger Martin Kau said...

Hey Mr. JamON! I agree, it feels like it could be pushed more, maybe one hand even higher over his head, that is if this is a key, it feels like an inbetween. i.e. if i were goin for a block, or most anybody, usually it's one hand trying to swat the crap out of that ball, so one hand would be dramatically higher... oooo watch AND1 videos, those are greaaat examples of pushed and extreme basketball. And they're on right now on ESPN, dunno what time though. That's cool though yer doin the mentor stuff, that stuff is amazing!!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Hey Mistah Jules,

Nice to hear from you! Cool to see what you're working on; nice assignment. Maybe I'm unclear on the concept, but I'm puzzled why the pose is from a different angle than the sketch you did, where there's that nice backward curve in the back as the guy's getting ready to throw; the silhouette would be alot more compelling that way. Main thing (as I tell myself all the time) is to just keep at it, which you're doing.

7:25 PM  
Blogger coffman said...

about time you get this blog going, just messing with you. keep up the posting.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Eripuuu said...

Sweet, I will definitely link to your blog from mine!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Dean said...

Looking good. Keeping plugging away, my friend.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Digi D said...

POST MORE!!!!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Saul Ruiz said...

Still waiting for the new post. I know you have a lot of cool stuff.

1:36 AM  
Blogger Saul Ruiz said...

Still waiting for the new post. I know you have a lot of cool stuff.

1:36 AM  
Blogger Jaime Ramirez said...

Hey Jules. Hope you are doing well. I have been visiting your blog for a year praying and waiting to see more work. Please post your latest work. Take care :)

5:50 PM  
Blogger Jon Mendez said...

yo, jules!!! UPDATE, BRUTHA!! :-)

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home